About WorldCat Local (iCatalogue)
WorldCat Local is a webscale discovery solution that delivers search access to more than 1.9 billion items
from your library and the world's library collections.
1.5 + billion articles with one-click access to full text
45+ million digital items from trusted sources like Google Books, OAIster and HathiTrust
17 + million eBooks from leading aggregators and publishers
44 + million pieces of evaluative content (Tables of Contents, cover art, summaries, etc.)
327+ million books in libraries worldwide
FIND materials quickly and easily
Users can access WorldCat Local via the "iCatalogue" tab and this is a single search experience that eliminates
the need to consult many separate resources and interfaces. A search via "iCatalogue"
provides instant access to your library's materials – digital objects, electronic materials, databases, eJournals, music, videos, audio, eBooks, maps, journals, theses and books – in addition to materials in group and consortial catalogs and thousands of OCLC member libraries worldwide.
Search iCatalogue and iDiscovery
WorldCat Local: Mobile views for almost any phone
For best results, use a mobile Web browser.
- A new, mobile-ready discovery interface (iDiscovery) provides consolidated access to your electronic, physical and digital collections through a single search.
You may type an index label with your search terms rather than a selection from the list of indexes to search on any search screen. The information you type overrides all default menu selections.
- Phrase searching - enclose search words in "quotation marks"
- Specific searching - combine search words with AND, OR, NOT
- Truncation - use the asterisk* to denote multiple characters
- iCatalogue (WorldCat Local): Basic Search Click here
- iCatalogue (WorldCat Local): Advanced Search Click here
- Help from a Librarian
For assistance contact a librarian by e-mail or by phone
- Interlibrary Loans
Enquire about borrowing from another library if what you require is not available from UKZN Libraries
Search the UKZN Institutional Repository for electronic theses
- Self Help
How to do research at the library: learn how to use library resources and consult the Library guides